Written By Brian Njenga
After water, coffee is the most consumed beverage in the world. Its long-standing popularity is due to coffee’s desirable effects that make it a stand-out beverage. The benefits of drinking coffee without hemp include: delivering quick boosts of energy, improving concentration and mental alertness, and caffeine also contains analgesic and anti-inflammatory attributes.
For centuries and centuries, coffee has been a staple in most people’s morning routines and an essential during their workdays. Drinking coffee is indeed a day-to-day ritual most folks can hardly function without. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee is always enough to perk us up and prepare us for the fresh demands of each day.
However, with the advent of CBD coffee, you are probably wondering whether or not you should go ahead and switch up your routine.
Cannabidiol is associated with oils, tinctures, and edibles, but in the long run, hemp and coffee are becoming more noticed since CBD coffee has found a place in coffee and once you give it a shot, you won’t want to turn back.
So what is so special about CBD-infused coffee and does the hype live up to the expectations?
In this article, we will take a dive into both regular coffee and coffee with CBD and all there is to know about them. We will take a closer look at the difference between CBD coffee and regular coffee, the pros and cons of both drinks, and a suitability score to see who’d have a preference for both.
What is the difference between CBD coffee and regular coffee?
Like we mentioned earlier, coffee is a popular beverage that is consumed by millions of people worldwide. It is widely acclaimed for its high caffeine content that boosts energy and improves mental alertness.
On the other hand, hemp coffee is a distinctive blend of coffee and CBD oil. For those who are perhaps in the dark: CBD stands for cannabidiol, a non-intoxicating compound present in the hemp plant.
CBD oil is extracted from the hemp plant using a variety of methods, but the most effective, popular, and safest technique is CO2 extraction.
This process is renowned for producing top-shelf cannabidiol oil that is devoid of contaminants as well as unwanted compounds. Another point in its favor is that the CO2 utilized is non-toxic, which makes the process a safe solution for both the environment and human consumption.
When making CBD coffee, the CBD oil is infused into coffee beans during the roasting procedure. Drinking CBD coffee can be a delightful experience and a match made in heaven for both coffee and cannabidiol enthusiasts alike. Imagine taking a sip of your favorite brew, and feeling the aroma, flavor, and warmth coursing through your body.
Research showed us that CBD-infused coffee provides an extra boost and a subtle wave of calmness that relaxes your mind, without making you feel lethargic. This makes it ideal for those who want to try something new while accessing the many benefits of cannabidiol in the bargain.
Let’s now look at the different sets of pros and cons for both regular coffee and CBD coffee.
Regular coffee pros
- Coffee is particularly popular for its remarkable capabilities to improve focus and mental acuity. The caffeine found in coffee helps improve mental alertness and concentration. This makes it just what the doctor ordered for those who need to concentrate for extended periods.
- Coffee has been proven to be able to deliver quick energy boosts. This makes it an ideal “pick-me-up” for those who require several energy boosts throughout the day.
- In some research done on the subject, coffee has been shown to decrease the risk factors of conditions such as Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
Regular coffee cons
- Consuming too much caffeine can cause jitters and anxiety in some people, which makes them feel restless and irritable.
- Coffee has been known to disrupt sleep patterns which can trigger insomnia.
- Coffee is notorious for its propensity to stain teeth. This may be a turn-off for some.
CBD coffee pros
- CBD is thought to play a vital role in reducing anxiety and produces a sense of calm, suggesting that CBD coffee for anxiety seems to be a viable idea. This makes it an especially excellent beverage when you wish to unwind and reduce stress, which is the result of your cortisone spiking.
- Cannabidiol is believed to possess strong analgesic properties. This suggests that CBD can help with the effective management of the pain and discomfort associated with a wide range of medical conditions. Today, many are discovering CBD coffee for pain as their holy grail.
- Among other CBD coffee effects, CBD is known for possessing good neuroprotective effects. This suggests that regular consumption of CBD coffee may help boost cognitive function and enhance focus.
CBD coffee cons
- CBD coffee has been known to have potentially adverse interactions with certain medications. So it is always wise to consult your doctor before consuming this variety of coffee if you’re on any medication.
- Research on cannabidiol is still in the early stages and limited studies have been conducted.
- CBD products are usually more costly than regular coffee. This makes CBD-infused coffee less accessible for some.
Individuals who relish the flavor of coffee and need multiple energy boost through the day would definitely prefer drinking regular coffee. And for those aiming to improve mental acuity and alertness, consuming coffee can be a huge benefit.
On the other hand, CBD coffee is a good option for people looking to significantly reduce stress and anxiety levels. Meanwhile, indulging in coffee’s numerous benefits is a godsend. Cannabidiol-infused coffee can be the holy grail for anyone who experiences pain or discomfort related to diverse conditions.
Between regular coffee and CBD coffee, which one should you choose? Ultimately, it all depends on your personal tastes and preferences. While regular coffee has been around for hundreds of years, cannabidiol-infused coffee is a relatively new player in the game. Over time, research on CBD will only continue to grow and we will eventually learn much more about really, how does CBD coffee work? And CBD coffee benefits and drawbacks to ultimately make informed choices.
Assuming you are interested in trying hemp coffee, it’s always important to find a reputable brand that uses top-notch ingredients. Look for products that have been tested by a third-party lab. This ensures that such CBD coffee contains the amount of cannabidiol advertised and is free of harmful contaminants. Before switching it up, consult with a doctor.
Ott Coffee offers the highest quality CBD coffee products that will always introduce you to the ultimate cannabidiol coffee experience.
At the end of the day, whether you choose CBD-infused coffee or traditional coffee, the most important thing is to enjoy your drink and savor each sip. So, go ahead and pour yourself a cup of your fave coffee brew and enjoy!