With the numerous therapeutic benefits of Cannabidiol (CBD), it is only a matter of time until we ask can CBD help gut health? Well, CBD a compound present in cannabis and hemp plant, and an ingredient in CBD coffee, is indeed thought to possess a variety of potential health benefits. More to the point, some studies on the subject now suggest it can benefit gut health by its capability to minimize inflammation, promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, and even improve intestinal permeability.
Conversely, regular consumption of coffee has long been associated with a positive impact on gut health through a number of different mechanisms. This includes its ability to stimulate digestion and increase bowel movements.
How does CBD coffee improve gut health?
The CBD in CBD coffee is known to possess anti-inflammatory properties via its interactions with the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS has been shown to be involved in the regulation of diverse physiological processes including inflammation and immune function. It is believed that cannabidiol interacts with ECS receptors including the CB-1 and CB-2 varieties that are present in immune cells along with other tissues involved in inflammation. By its ability to activate these receptors, CBD can help minimize inflammation in the gut and elsewhere.
Also, there is evidence that this cannabinoid can promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria. The gut microbiome happens to be an intricate ecosystem of microorganisms that are involved in digestion, immune function, and overall health and wellness. Some studies indicate that cannabidiol can help increase the bioavailability of specific sorts of beneficial gut bacteria like Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. While at the same time, triggering a reduction in the levels of harmful bacteria including E.coli. It is believed that this shift in the balance of gut bacteria contributes to improved gut health.So CBD coffee for digestion does seem to be a viable idea.
Lastly, there is evidence that CBD can improve intestinal permeability. For those who might perhaps be not in the know, this is simply the ability of the intestinal lining to let nutrients pass through. While also keeping harmful substances out.
In some conditions like inflammatory bowel syndrome, the intestinal lining can get too permeable, which triggers inflammation along with other symptoms. It is believed that this cannabinoid may help restore the integrity of the intestinal lining, thereby at a go, reducing inflammation and promoting better absorption of nutrients in the intestinal tract.
How does coffee improve gut health?
Coffee has a number of compounds that are known to contribute to its digestion-promoting properties including caffeine, chlorogenic acids together with other polyphenols. First of all, caffeine is a natural stimulant that is known to fast-track the activity in the digestive system.
Caffeine is as well believed to stimulate the muscles in the digestive tract. This is thought to promote more contractions that help move food quickly through the system. In turn, this helps avert constipation and also promotes regularity of bowel movements.
Chlorogenic acids, on their part, are thought to possess a number of health benefits including anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. There is evidence that these compounds can also promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria and improve gut health in general.
What other health benefits can you access by drinking CBD-infused coffee?
Besides CBD digestion benefits, drinking CBD coffee regularly is believed to bring about the following CBD coffee benefits:
- Both cannabidiol and coffee have been associated with boosting mood improvements and anxiety reduction.
- CBD is believed to possess excellent analgesic (pain-relieving) properties and research suggests it can be particularly effective for patients experiencing pain linked to conditions like arthritis, neuropathic and chronic pain.
- The caffeine in coffee can promote alertness and proper cognitive function. Also, research indicates that CBD might possess neuroprotective properties that benefit brain health.
- There is growing evidence that cannabidiol might possess anti-cancer properties. While coffee has long been linked to a decreased risk of certain sorts of cancer including liver and colorectal cancer.
It is important to note that while the above-listed potential health benefits are associated with cannabidiol and coffee separately, there is still more need for additional studies that may ascertain whether or not cannabis coffee can actually deliver these effects. It is also noteworthy to mention that the effects of this cannabinoid may vary depending on the individual and the dose and that CBD can interact adversely with certain medications.
Is CBD-infused coffee safe to drink for everybody?
CBD-infused coffee is generally thought safe for most people when drunk in moderation. Yet, there are some people who should be cautious about consuming cannabis coffee altogether.
- Cannabidiol interacts adversely with some medications, especially those that are metabolized by the liver. So if you are on any medication, consult your healthcare provider before consuming CBD-infused coffee.
- There is limited research on the safety of CBD consumption during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Therefore, it is not advisable for expectant or lactating mothers to drink cannabis coffee.
- Cannabidiol can be processed by the liver and people with a history of liver disease should be cautious of drinking this beverage.
- This cannabinoid has vasodilatory properties that can trigger low blood pressure. So people with hypotension should be very cautious before consuming CBD-infused coffee.
- Cannabis coffee contains caffeine and people sensitive to caffeine should avoid drinking this beverage.
As with any supplement, it is always prudent to consult your healthcare provider before trying out CBD-infused coffee, particularly if you have any underlying health condition.
CBD-infused coffee has been associated with a variety of potential health benefits such as reducing inflammation, improving gut health, and pain relief. Additionally, coffee has long been popular for having compounds that promote digestion, and improve cognitive function and even mood. When cannabidiol and coffee are combined, they create a powerful combination of health benefits. This makes cannabis coffee a fascinating solution for those seeking a therapeutic and delicious beverage. Alternatively, if you’re wondering is CBD oil good for gut health? Yes, it is and this is one of the many ways of consuming CBD extracts.
If you are interested in trying out CBD-infused coffee, check out Ott Coffee’s growing selection of cannabinoid-infused coffee blends. Ott Coffee is a premium brand offering a range of blends including our popular CBD-infused coffee. With our top-shelf ingredients and a firm commitment to sustainability, you can now enjoy a great cup of cannabis coffee. While also supporting a company that cares about your health and the planet. So why not give Ott Coffee’s CBD-infused coffee a try today?