Written By Brian Njenga
Coffee and cannabidiol (CBD) are some of the most popular substances on a global scale at the moment. Millions of people from all over the world consume them every day for many reasons, and both substances are known for providing a wide array of benefits.
Today, you can indulge in these two substances and receive the best of both worlds in a convenient, hassle-free manner. When you combine cannabidiol and coffee, the end result is CBD coffee — a beverage that’s become increasingly popular among coffee enthusiasts who are seeking out something new, while also accessing the numerous cannabidiol coffee benefits.
What is CBD coffee?
Cannabidiol coffee is a blend of coffee and CBD, a non-intoxicating compound present in the cannabis plant and hemp plant. There are currently two different methods used to make this sort of coffee.
You can use CBD-infused coffee beans to brew cannabidiol coffee, or you may prefer combining CBD oil with your brew of plain coffee.
CBD oil is extracted from hemp, a strain of cannabis that possesses low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is a psychoactive compound that triggers the “high” sensation experienced by consumers. The coffee used in cannabidiol blends can be any kind of coffee including cold brew, espresso, or even drip coffee.
The amount of cannabidiol used in CBD coffee tends to vary depending on the desired caffeine strength and the intended effects required.
It is important to note that cannabidiol isn’t a substitute for coffee. Rather, it is added to the blend to enhance the drinking experience, and of course, deliver the additional benefits associated with CBD.
Coffee has been around for hundreds of years, but the combination of cannabidiol and coffee is relatively new. Cannabidiol was first discovered in the early 1940s. However, it wasn’t until the 1990s that researchers first discovered its potential health benefits.
By the turn of the 21st century, CBD had gained plentiful popularity. In recent years, cannabidiol has evolved into a key ingredient in many products including coffee.
Let’s take a closer look now at how you can make cannabidiol coffee in a stress-free way.
Using CBD-infused coffee beans
This method involves using cannabidiol-infused coffee beans — a result of infusing coffee beans with CBD during the roasting process. This process ensures that the cannabidiol is evenly distributed throughout the coffee beans. CBD coffee beans come in different varieties, so you can pick which one suits your needs — for instance: light, medium, and even dark roasts.
Adding CBD oil to your coffee
This is a straightforward process that involves adding drops of HEMP oil directly to your cup of coffee. However, it is important to state that CBD oil is hydrophobic. This simply means it doesn’t mix well with water-based liquids like coffee. In turn, this means using this method greatly impairs the drinking experience and you might end up with the bitter taste of the undissolved CBD oil. Instead, we strongly recommend you settle for Ott Coffee’s cannabidiol-infused beans. We can say we have definitely figured out the infusion process and can deliver the ultimate CBD coffee experience, without any compromises.
Interactions with the human body
Cannabidiol is believed to interact with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in the human body. The ECS is responsible for maintaining homeostasis or balance within the body. The ECS plays a critical role in a large number of physiological processes.
This includes pain, inflammation, sleep, appetite, and mood. CBD has been shown to interact with the ECS by binding itself to cannabinoid receptors in the body which aids in regulating these processes.
Perceived health benefits of CBD-infused coffee
Granted, not much research has been conducted on the purported health benefits of cannabidiol coffee. Also, that which has been done on CBD coffee effects is still in its early stages and ongoing. But there’s plenty of anecdotal evidence that suggests CBD does indeed deliver a wide range of health benefits.
- CBD coffee is touted for boosting energy levels and focus and drinking CBD coffee for energy seems a good idea. Coffee by itself is widely acclaimed for these properties, and the inclusion of cannabidiol is thought to enhance them.
- CBD is believed to help reduce anxiety and promotes a sense of calm, making CBD coffee for anxiety an ideal beverage for people who are stressed or anxious.
- CBD has been shown to possess neuroprotective effects that are known to improve cognitive function and boost mental acuity.
- CBD-infused coffee is believed to have exceptional anti-inflammatory properties. Coffee has been proven to possess these properties too and combining them is thought to deliver greater relief from inflammation-related conditions including arthritis.
- cannabidiol coffee has been shown to improve digestive system health and function. It has even been linked with reducing the symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome.
- Coffee has been proven to possess cardioprotective effects, which is equally true for Hemp. So cannabidiol-infused coffee is thought to be able to minimize the risk factors of contracting heart disease.
- CBD has been shown to have excellent analgesic properties that can help minimize the pain and discomfort associated with a number of health conditions.
- Cannabidiol is thought to be in a position of improving sleep quality and minimizing insomnia.
- Lastly, this variety of coffee may help regulate serotonin levels in the brain. This helps boost mood and makes the management of depression symptoms more effective.
There is much need for more research to fully understand all the potential health benefits of CBD coffee.
Is CBD coffee safe to drink?
While CBD coffee is generally considered safe to drink, it is important to understand that consumption can interact adversely with some medications. For instance, cannabidiol has been known to inhibit the metabolism of certain medications which can result in higher levels of such medicine in the bloodstream. So if you are on any medication, it is highly recommended to consult your doctor before consuming cannabidiol coffee.
CBD coffee will be a great addition to your drinking routine if you are on the lookout for an ingenious way to enhance the many benefits of coffee. While also incorporating the potential health benefits of cannabidiol. If you’re interested in trying cannabidiol coffee, we recommend checking out OttCoffee Productivity series to experience the potential health benefits of this unique beverage. On a parting shot, it is always important to conduct your own research and make informed decisions about your health and wellness choices.